Sweda is heat producing method which brings sweat and opens the pores of the body cell membrane called Srotasa. Usually the following swedana’s are very useful and commonly used :
- Bashpa sweda-whole body herbal vapour fomentation.
- Nadi sweda-vapour for local use by pipe method.
- Shastika shali pinda sweda-hot rice bolus with shastika type rice cooked with special decoction of Bala Mula is used.
- Pizichil/sarvanga dhara-Oil/herbal decoction pouring on body.
- Baluka sweda-dry fomentation by sand.
- Avagaha sweda-tub bath in warm decoction/medicated oil.