- Since vitiate Kappha predominate in childhood therefore Kappha vitiating food should be avoided.
- Ayurveda classifier individuals according to body type and dietary guidelines are used to insure that each child experiences good digestion.
- Ayurvedic herbs are endowed with anti-oxidant properties that strengthen our body’s internal defense mechanism. Example Chyanwanprash is one of well know Rasayan used since decades for boosting immunity.
- Swarnprashan – One of the import sanskara from vaidik Kala to enhance mental and physical well being in children. It is done from birth upto 16 years of age every month on auspicious day of pushyanakshatra.
- Some herbs should be used on regular basis for kids like Amla, Haridra, Tulsi, Ashwandha as immunity booster.
- Some herbs are good for digestion and balancing agni like Ginger, pepper, coriander, Fennel, Turmeric, Clove, Cinnamon, Fenugreek seeds, etc.
- Some important ayurvedic formulations for kids are:Balchaturbhadra Churna
Kumar kalyan Rasa
Swarn Basant Malti Rasa
These are used for different ailments and should be taken under guidance of registered Ayurveda practitioner.